Author Topic: Bitwarden - Request for Comments  (Read 1019 times)

rsutter

• Administrator
  • I cut the board twice and it's still too short.
    • View Profile
Bitwarden - Request for Comments
« on: July 09, 2021, 03:50:42 PM »
Hello All,
I am asking for comments from those of you who use or have used the open-source password manager, Bitwarden; https://bitwarden.com/

I currently have a paid subscription to LastPass; LastPass Family Plan; https://www.lastpass.com/pricing;  $48/yr for 6 people; discounts probable.  I am not likely to switch products.

I'm asking for a friend; eager to recommend a free alternative to LastPass with no charge for installation on multiple platforms.

Ralph Sutter

rsutter

• Administrator
  • I cut the board twice and it's still too short.
    • View Profile
Re: Bitwarden - Request for Comments
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 03:12:54 PM »
Hello All,
I have used Bitwarden beside LastPass and find the two to be worthy rivals.
I added the Chrome Extension for Bitwarden.  With it installed, the Bitwarden icon on my Chrome Taskbar shows whether I have a saved password for the site that I am visiting.  If so, then I can use Bitwarden to paste my Userid and password into the appropriate fields.  Since my Userid is often my e-mail address, I  then only have to copy and paste my password from Bitwarden to the site to which I wish to log in.

I am currently using the free version of the Personal plan.  I can access additional features by paying $10/yr for Premium membership.

I find that the password generator is easier to find in Bitwarden than in LastPass.  Ditto for importing/exporting my saved passwords.  For the time being, I will continue to use both programs.  Once my LastPass subscription expires, I may not renew it.
Ralph Sutter
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 03:14:43 PM by rsutter »

Stanford

Re: Bitwarden - Request for Comments
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 12:12:07 PM »
Leo LaPorte recently had some good things to say about Bitwarden. I think he like the fact it is open source and mentioned it is free.