Author Topic: Scanning After Update  (Read 1956 times)

rtfoster

• View Profile
Scanning After Update
« on: May 26, 2020, 01:00:21 PM »
My HP 6500 OfficeJet/Scanner were working well last week.
I could go to HP Printer Assistant to scan. Used to scan multiple pages to PDF feature.

Had issues with another printer.  Deleted all printers and reinstalled latest software.

Now Printer Assistant does not show scanner. Install does not respond when USB cable is plugged in when prompted during install. When the cable is plugged in Device Manager sees the printer, fax and (under Imaging Devices) the scanner.

I have deleted this printer (Including 'root' uninstall as suggest on hp community), re-downloaded  and re-installed multiple times.

Other programs can access the scanner (Windows built in Scan Ap) , but can't output PDF files, and require saving each page as a separate file.

Ran Scan Doctor, it says it cannot open the HP scan application.

How do I get Printer Assistant to see the printer?

Go to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/knlf9lvrdux66lm/AABcg2a6NklDiFr1P2FLeuKpa?dl=0  to see screen shots of driver events, Printer Assistant (should have a row for scanner), Scan Doctor start, Scan Doctor results.

Thanks for any ideas.

dick

Re: Scanning After Update
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 08:11:44 PM »
I don't have any ideas on this one, but, welcome to the Bulletin Board! Hope someone will have some help for you.
dickJ

Alan J. Raul

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 09:20:32 AM »
You may want to post your HP issue to the HP forum as this is specific to HP devices..

I did come across this link that may be of help.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Officejet-6500-Scan-issues-after-upgrading-to-Windows-10/td-p/5935015

Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 09:12:35 PM »
Instead of using the latest install program, you might try using the original program disc to reinstall the original HP 6500 printer program. Be sure that the usb cable is connected directly to the computer and printer usb ports. As I recall, the older HP printers guided the user to not connect the usb cable to the printer until instructed to do so. Try following the steps exactly as arranged when the printer was new. Barring a defect caused malfunction in the hardware, an original reinstall should work.   

Alan J. Raul

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 09:15:47 AM »
A lot of your graphics programs allow you to scan from the program directly. I have tested IrfanView and ACDSee for you with excellent results.