Author Topic: Free APCUG Wednesday Webinar - Manual Partitioning in Linux  (Read 61 times)

rsutter

• Administrator
  • I cut the board twice and it's still too short.
    • View Profile
Hello All,
I am re-posting an announcement that I received today from SLO Bytes' parent group, APCUG
Ralph Sutter
---
July 17, 2024
Learning Linux Wednesday Workshop
9 am PT, 10 am MT, 11 am CT, 12 pm ET

Manual Partitioning in Linux
Alan German, Ottawa PC Users? Group

Distro Review ? SilverBlue
Cal Esnault, Cajun Clickers

Troubleshooting Loss of Internet on Computer
Minimum Requirements for Running Linux
John Kennedy, East Central Ohio Technology Users Club

Register here ? https://forms.gle/mDA4NqUyydXyH5w78

After you click Submit, you will receive a pop-up acknowledgment of your registration. On July 16, after registration closes at 6 pm Pacific Time, you will receive the encrypted Zoom link.

Welcome to another Learning Linux Workshop. We hope today's presentations are helpful. Alan will answer one of our survey questions about partitioning a drive before installing Linux. John will answer another of the survey questions about the minimum requirements for running Linux. He will share several different Linux distros and show how little some of them need, perfect for older computers.

Cal will review an immutable Linux distro (something new is coming down the pike) and share the immutable "atomic" version of Fedora (the distro we featured last week). Learn what makes a distro immutable.

Many people in the survey asked about troubleshooting problems. John ran into a problem with his computer when he lost the Internet connection on his computer. He will talk about the problem and the steps he took to try to figure out the cause. Then, he will share his first workaround solution, the real cause of the Internet loss, and what he's currently doing to bypass the problem.