Author Topic: Modems, Routers and WiFi - an APCUG Saturday Safari  (Read 521 times)

rsutter

• Administrator
  • I cut the board twice and it's still too short.
    • View Profile
Modems, Routers and WiFi - an APCUG Saturday Safari
« on: May 03, 2022, 07:31:17 AM »
Hello All,
Below, I have posted an announcement that I received from Judy Taylour, our APCUG Representative.  The event is free.
Ralph Sutter

Saturday Safaris
Exploring Technology In-Depth

May 7, 2022
9 am PT, 10 am MT, 11 am CT, 12 pm ET

Modems, Routers, and Wi-Fi with Bill James

Register Here https://forms.gle/AreDvWh2BurBzDR17

In the early days of networking, the term modem was used to describe a device that transformed speech into analog signals (and vice versa) to be transmitted over telephone lines. This presentation will discuss Modems, Routers, and Wi-Fi and how to set up your devices for the best performance since we all want fast, reliable, and secure Internet. Bill will give us information on the latest modems and router hardware developments and best practices for setup and deployment. Next, he will discuss Wi-Fi as the best option and how it fits into Home Automation, demystifying terms like WPA, Wi-Fi 6, 802.11, Ethernet, and DOCIS 3.1. He will also cover the pros and cons of using a professional tech service to solve technical difficulties. If one or more of these topics piques your interest, this 2-hour workshop is for you.

Bill's presentation will be followed by a discussion on whether to 'rent' or 'buy' your modem and router.