Author Topic: Free APCUG Webinars for February 2022  (Read 1087 times)

rsutter

• Administrator
  • I cut the board twice and it's still too short.
    • View Profile
Free APCUG Webinars for February 2022
« on: February 09, 2022, 08:08:39 AM »
Hello All,
What follows is a re-post of the e-mail that I received today from Judy Taylour, Representative for SLO Bytes' parent organization, APCUG
Ralph Sutter

Saturday Safaris
Exploring Technology In-Depth

February 12, 2022
Digital Video Editing Fundamentals Plus
and
How to shoot 4K resolution video with your smartphone or tablet
with John Krout

Saturday Safaris – 9 am PT, 10 am MT, 11 am CT, 12 pm ET

February 12 - Digital Video Editing Fundamentals Plus and How to shoot 4k resolution....
Register Here: https://forms.gle/TdRYJoMpwQJ4noBn6 

Learn the fundamental concepts of digital video editing applications on a personal computer. This includes a demo of the MAGIX Vegas video editor application and some short sample videos produced by John, including the monthly pre-meeting slide show for the Potomac Area Technology and Computer Society.

How to shoot 4K resolution video with your smartphone or tablet
In this presentation, you will learn:
What is 4K video resolution, and how does it differ from Full HD, the typical resolution of large HDTVs?
What type of HDTV can display 4K resolution video?
How can a smartphone or tablet record 4K video?
How can I edit 4K video and display my edited video on my 4K HDTV?
The presenter owns a Samsung Galaxy S10 phone and an iPhone X. He has been able to record 4K video in MP4 files using each phone. He found a free video editor that works with the MP4 files he records using the Galax S10 phone.
FEBRUARY WEDNESDAY WORKSHOPS

February 16 – Learning Linux
Cal Esneault, John Kennedy, and Dave Melton

February 23 – It's all about Windows 11
Bill James

Wednesday Workshops – 9 am PT, 10 am MT, 11 am CT, 12 pm ET

February 16 – Learning Linux
Register Here:  https://forms.gle/UcvChyJD44mwYM4c9

Join us for another informative session getting chummy with the Penguin (Linux). Watch your fingers when you close the window, and hopefully, you won't take a bite out of a bad apple. At this month's workshop, Dave Melton will share his "My Linux Distro-Hopping Journey" with you. Find out what he liked and then what he didn't like to cause him to "hop" (and hop a few more times). Cal Esneault will give us a lot of information on "Software Management and the Default Software that Comes with Linux Mint." Orv Beach will not be with us this month (he decided it would be more fun to have his knee replaced), so John Kennedy will be filling in doing a presentation on the "Linux Control Panel/Control Center," taking a hard look at all the settings that are available in most Linux distros.

February 23 - It's all about Windows 11
Register here:  https://forms.gle/AhfpizpePhswq7WL7

Windows 11 and 10 look quite different, but much of what we like to use is still the same. Bill's presentation takes us through What's New, What's Changed, and What is no longer included. Then, he will start you on your journey deciding if Windows 11 is for you or if you will stay with Windows 10 for a while longer. Of course, you have until 2025 to make up your mind but learning something new keeps us sharp.
 Judy Taylour