Author Topic: APCUG Workshops for January 2022  (Read 1327 times)

rsutter

• Administrator
  • I cut the board twice and it's still too short.
    • View Profile
APCUG Workshops for January 2022
« on: January 10, 2022, 11:25:24 AM »
 Hello All.
What follows is a re-post of an announcement sent by Judy Taylour, Regional Director for SLO Bytes' parent organization, APCUG
Ralph Sutter

TWO WEDNESDAY WORKSHOPS IN JANUARY
9 am PT, 10 am MT, 11 am CT, 12 pm ET

January 12 – What's New in '22 Roundtable. We'll talk about what our groups have planned for this new year and if/how APCUG can help. How is your group handling the COVID problem? Share your ideas and learn something new to do with your group. I have received several emails about January meetings featuring what tech gifts members received; one group also asked members to share the way they used technology for their holiday decorations = Tech Deco. 

1/12 Roundtable – register at: https://forms.gle/6ETu8CD6BHuTsg8T6
You will see this confirmations after you register.

January 19 - Linux for Beginners -- I've installed Linux, now what do I do next?
John Kennedy gets this question a lot. His usual answer is, "The same things you'd do if you were running Windows." So, join John today to see how he customizes his Linux operating system just like he did (or you might have done) when he was using  Windows. He'll start with all the customization he does to the desktop to make it "work for him (and not his working for the desktop)." Then he'll talk about what software he might use for the different tasks for his daily computing workflow. There will be plenty of time for Linux beginners to submit questions about "how do you do this or that" and "what would you use to do this or that" in Linux. We'll look it up if John doesn't know how or what. And if John determines something is not on the beginner level, we will use it for the next Learning Linux team workshop to tackle. By the end of this workshop, you should feel as much at home with Linux as you might with Windows (or macOS).

1/19 Linux for beginners – register at: https://forms.gle/TvBhZ3TpbiSSmyFx7