Author Topic: Deleting a .tibx File  (Read 725 times)

rsutter

• Administrator
  • I cut the board twice and it's still too short.
    • View Profile
Deleting a .tibx File
« on: November 15, 2021, 04:33:51 PM »
Hello All,
I use the Acronis backup program True Image 2021.  In a monumental blunder, I copied a 121Gb .tibx Acronis backup file from my 8Tb external USB drive to my C drive. 
The C drive is a 512Gb Samsung 970 NVMe device that supposedly only contains my Windows 11 operating system.  I have several other internal drives for storing data where I could have stored a backup copy of the .tibx file but didn't.

When I attempted to delete the .tibx file, I was denied access.  It made no difference if I attempted to delete as a user, an administrator or at System level.
I tried numerous work arounds including booting the machine into Ubuntu Linux 20.10 with the hope of using the Ubuntu file system to delete the .tibx file.
Nothing worked.

In Googling for solutions, I noticed that I could launch Acronis True Image in Windows 11, click on the Protection tab and turn off Active Protection
I then was able to open the C drive in (Windows) File Explorer and delete the troublesome file.  Please note that I had to ask for administrative privileges before the deletion took place

Ralph Sutter 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 04:56:34 PM by rsutter »