Author Topic: Title for a desktop picture wallpaper  (Read 2207 times)

dick

Title for a desktop picture wallpaper
« on: February 12, 2020, 04:26:22 PM »
If I create a Title with Paint, how can I paste it on or below a wallpaper picture on my desktop?
dickJ

rsutter

• Administrator
  • I cut the board twice and it's still too short.
    • View Profile
Re: Title for a desktop picture wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 06:31:41 PM »
Hi Dick,
Here is what I would do.
1.  Select the image that will be your wallpaper.  If you want to use your current desktop as wallpaper, right click on an open area on the desktop and hover the mouse cursor over View.  Uncheck the box Show Desktop Icons
2.  Do a screen capture of the wallpaper with no icons by pressing the Print Screen key.  That copies the screen to the clipboard.
3.  Open your favorite image editor.  If using Paint, open that program and paste your clipboard image into a blank image using Ctrl V (Paste)
4.  The third box (Tools) on the task bar of Paint contains an icon of a capital A.  Click on that to write text anywhere on the image.  Adjust the font size and font color and text location to suit your preferences.
5.  Save the image somewhere where you can find it again (the desktop for example)
6.  Right click on the image and choose Set as Desktop Background
7.  Once that your chosen image becomes the wallpaper background, make sure that you repeat Step 1 above and recheck Show Desktop Icons
Ralph

dick

Re: Title for a desktop picture wallpaper
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 01:54:56 PM »
Thank you Ralph.  Right now I just put a blank new file folder on the desktop and rename the title area and then sometimes right click the file folder and put a new image on it, often one that is tiny enough to be unobtrusive. That's fast and simple, but often too limiting.
If anyone else has a fast simple way to do this, please add a Reply. :)