Author Topic: Spectrum Internet Service  (Read 3282 times)

Earl

Spectrum Internet Service
« on: January 09, 2018, 12:24:32 PM »
Spectrum has increased the minimum broadband access speed to 100 Mbps. This applies to anyone paying for the 60 Mbps service now. I spent a half hour or so on the phone Monday and first found out that the proper approach is to call Spectrum with a billing question and then tell the support person you want to get your account set up for 100 Mbps. It is probably a good idea to say the words "there will be no additional charge" at some point in your conversation.

I found the support person very helpful and friendly. She mentioned that I might have to reboot the modem (I did not), the modem I have might not be suitable (it is a DOCSIS 3.1 and works fine), and that if I needed a new modem Spectrum would give me one at no cost and no monthly charge. So far I have only seen it go up to 95 Mbps but I will continue to test it.

dick

Re: Spectrum Internet Service
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 06:55:13 PM »
Thanks Earl.  Good and useful information. I also had noticed that you get this automatically when you buy or change to a new program and wondered how I could manage it.  I suddenly feel the urgent need to call Spectrum about my account!
dickJ

Alan J. Raul

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Spectrum Internet Service
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:12:48 PM »
My experience was similar to Earl's with the exception of I spoke directly with a tech and not billing. The whole process took less than 5 minutes. A few minutes later I was enjoying my new higher speed service.

Shown below:

1) My wired connection speed to my desktop computer
2) My wireless connection speed to my iPad Pro
3) My download speed of 4 TWIT video podcast files