Author Topic: MY MISSING IE FAVORITES - Solved  (Read 2909 times)

dick

MY MISSING IE FAVORITES - Solved
« on: January 21, 2019, 10:30:03 PM »
I think I just found at least part of the answer! At the end of a long sequence of using various sites on IE I am in the habit of trying to keep my computer cleaned up by clearing them from the top address box by clicking the down arrows at the right of the box, which puts them in the Recycle Bin! Then the next time I use CCleaner and empty my Recycle Bin, I delete those Favorite entries! Apparently, the villain I have been looking for is me!!! :-\

Well, I almost lost some more Favorites.  Still not sure what all is putting them in the Recycle Bin.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:40:22 AM by dickJ »

dick

Re: MY MISSING IE FAVORITES - Solved??
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 10:45:27 PM »
Problem:  Is there any way to reconstruct the Favorites file? I can't just go pull up an old copy from an old Acronis Backup, as that would give me some of the old (out of date) ones and get rid of the newer ones! Anybody got some thoughts on this one?

Is there a way to add the Google Bookmarks to the IE Favorites?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 11:25:31 PM by dickJ »

rsutter

• Administrator
  • I cut the board twice and it's still too short.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 02:41:45 PM »
Hi Dick,
Try this solution to import Google Chrome Bookmarks into IE 11
https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/import-bookmarks-ie11/
Ralph

dick

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 04:11:06 PM »
I am now trying NOT having CCleaner delete Cookies.  So far, that works. So far...…
1/29 that's still working today.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 10:38:29 AM by dickJ »

dick

Re: MY MISSING IE FAVORITES - Solved
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 12:11:05 PM »
I seem to have found a solution for both problems, the disappearing IE Favorites, and being able to keep my Sign In to SLOBytes BB in Forever mode. Both involved CCleaner, and not letting it erase my cookies and empty my Recycle Bin. I purposely put them back into the CCleaner and sure enough I had both problems again. I will just empty the Recycle Bin myself and not let it delete my desired items, or cookies. I guess I will have to watch my Cleanup of partitions C & D too, but am not sure how to do that.
If you found other answers or suggestions, please comment.  Thanks.
dickJ  :)