Author Topic: Page size of some desktop programs  (Read 4172 times)

dick

Page size of some desktop programs
« on: July 25, 2017, 12:04:29 AM »
I have somehow managed to change the page size of several of my desktop programs when opened in the reduced size, from my preferred 1/2  of the vertical screen, to 1/2 of the horizontal screen.  I somehow did this when working with the size of a photo I was printing and changing from Portrait to Landscape. I used to know how to change this back and then keep the change, but can no longer remember how to do it.  Can someone help?  Thanks.
dickJ
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:59:05 AM by dickJ »

dick

Re: Page size of some desktop programs
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 12:10:35 PM »
I now think this change MAY have been made when I was editing a photo's size and shape for Printing, probably with IrfanView.  I remember the last change I made on the photo I was working with, AGAIN just before printing, it gave me another additional option of Landscape or Portrait. Since I felt checking Landscape would give me the width of area I needed in the Print, I clicked Landscape and it gave me what I needed, so I successfully printed it.  When I then closed my pictures down, I discovered that this problem change had been made in several of my apps (including this one), but by no means ALL of them.
I cannot figure out how to return these apps to giving me their normal size and shape in Maximize and Minimize.
Does anyone have any ideas about how I can safely proceed without messing up things further? My last Full Acronis BU was July 11 and I would rather not go back that far and loose that much email (and other stuff). For example, is there any way to cancel Recent IrfanView changes? OR, do you have any other ideas?  "Resetting" my Windows 10 leaves my files, but removes all installed programs and Settings.  Too drastic.
Any Help is appreciated!
dickJ

dick

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:58:29 AM »
Again, I tried lots of things to solve this yesterday and none seemed to work.
This morning, as far as I can tell, ....
EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 I do not know why.     I wish I could tell you which of the many things I tried solved it.  I worked with my WIN 10 Settings, I tried various "Printing" things, I tried various IrfanView things.
In any case, I am delighted and very thankful!!
Obviously, it is now time to do a new Back Up
 :) :) :D :D ;D ;D !!!!
dickJ!

dick

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 07:23:32 PM »
 :D  Here is a solution.  While in Minimize position, use the top left corner arrows to adjust the top and left positions you want to keep.  Then go to the bottom right corner arrow and make your final adjustment.  You may now go to Maximize and back to Minimize and it may hold these dimensions on this and your other apps!
You may still make other changes, and as long as you do not use the bottom right corner arrow last, you will keep the desired size for the Minimize window.
This usually works for Windows 10.  I do not know about prior O S's.
Note:  Sometimes this doesn't seem to work until the next AM when I turn the computer on.
dickJ
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:06:16 AM by dickJ »