Author Topic: Size of Acronis BU since 1709 install  (Read 3931 times)

dick

Size of Acronis BU since 1709 install
« on: October 30, 2017, 10:28:57 PM »
Since I did my Win 10 V 1709 Creators Update install, my Acronis Back Up has been over 10 GB larger.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Is it a Microsoft choice of holding on to the last Version for a while in case of a need to return to the last version, or is V 1709 really that much larger, or have I just held on to too much email or new programs? (I noticed that the last SLOBytes Newsletter seemed longer.....).
I would appreciate hearing any thoughts on this.
dickJ

Earl

Re: Size of Acronis BU since 1709 install
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 01:39:19 PM »
The Windows.old file is slightly larger than 18GB after 1709 is installed, with a little compression 10 GB seems about right for the increased image file. Microsoft will get rid of that file after a reasonable length of time or you may run Disk Cleanup and check previous versions of Operating System and let it do the job for you.

Doug

• View Profile
Re: Size of Acronis BU since 1709 install
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 06:26:02 AM »
I use a "custom" full back up of the entire OS, not daily but whenever I decide to back it up. Unless you select "Full Backup - No Deletions of Prior", Acronis (not Windows) will automatically delete your prior custom backup each time you create a new backup file. This option comes under the heading of "Backup Scheme". A snip of the Acronis screen is attached.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 06:27:43 AM by Doug »