Author Topic: Windows 10 Version 1803 Endlessly Requesting a Restart to Complete Upgrade  (Read 2955 times)

rsutter

• Administrator
  • I cut the board twice and it's still too short.
    • View Profile
Hello All,
I faithfully update my computer to assure that I am running the current version of Windows 10.

When I attempted to update Windows 10 version 1709 to version 1803, Windows Update advised me that I needed to restart my laptop to complete the process.

I restarted numerous times, sometimes rebooting and sometimes shutting the machine down before restarting.  Whatever I did, the updater displayed the same message; I needed to reboot before the update could be completed.

Since restarting accomplished nothing, I tried a different approach.  I went to
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
and clicked on the button, Download Tool Now

That action downloaded and ran MediaCreationTool1803.exe

After a lengthy process with many restarts, the Media Creation Tool successfully upgraded my operating system to Windows 10 Version 1803.  (without the advisory that I needed to restart my computer to complete the process.)
Ralph Sutter
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 07:43:30 PM by rsutter »

Doug

• View Profile
Hi Ralph,

Ironically, I had the same problem with Update # 1709, which was corrected by #1803. Number 1709 failed to install repeatedly and actually never did. Update # 1803 installed the first time and subsequent updates have gone without a hitch.

Doug
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 04:53:31 PM by Doug »