Author Topic: Notes from the Photo Group Meeting of 06/10/18  (Read 2258 times)

rsutter

• Administrator
  • I cut the board twice and it's still too short.
    • View Profile
Notes from the Photo Group Meeting of 06/10/18
« on: June 12, 2018, 04:35:24 PM »
Hello All,
Here are my notes from the SLO Bytes Photo Group meeting of 06/10/18
TOPIC: Animals or Black and White

The session opened with Ralph Sutter calling attention to the Links Page where the group reviewed the specs for the Sony RX100 VI camera.
Sutter then played a slide show highlighting local tide pools and a recent kayaking trip on the Sacramento River. He interspersed images of animals with scenes shown in color and in grey scale.

Alan Raul screened seascapes rendered in natural light and viewed after adjusting the color profile to emphasize different color channels.

Kaye Raul gave Ansel Adams a run for his money with stunning black and white images of Yosemite.

Bob Styerwalt displayed a collection of pets and other critters

Bob Grover reminded us that horses are not the only animals that we ride. Grover expanded the category with elephants, camels and others.

Monica Tarzier, unable to attend the previous session on flowers, shared many shots of local plants.

John Waller offered images of dogs, both his own and those of others. They included carefully edit stop-motion shots of dogs at play.

Connie Sutter closed the meeting with color images of black and white clothing.

The topic for the Sunday, July 8th meeting will be Edit Free for All
Each member is invited to submit one or more photos for the rest of us to manipulate. Send the items for editing to me at ralph@rsutter.com
I will upload them to www.slobytes.org/digital/for-edit/

Download as many of these images as you choose, edit them as you see fit and bring the results to the July 8th meeting to amaze and amuse the rest of us.

Ralph Sutter